Browsing a few of the other blogs I read, I stumbled upon the Tech hockey blog. Let's just say they are not looking forward to the season...check it out here
I also had the opportunity to listen to the WCHA coaches conference call this morning. It was mostly boring, but I picked up a few tidbits:
- Troy Jutting sounded very confident about the upcoming season, describing his team as "veteran" for the firs time in a long time.
- Scotty Sandelin had really nothing to say about his team other than the freshman; mostly was raving about the new DECC.
- Jamie Russell talked about the difficulty of recruiting to Michigan Tech (not that I blame him, Houghton sucks). He also talked about the upcoming freshman class.
- Owens talked about Rau and Bachman, and that's about it.
- Mike Eaves said nothing in typical Wisconsin fashion.
- Motzko was cautiously optimistic that they have a lot of good things but need more 5 on 5 scoring.
- Don Lucia raved about Kangas, hates the idea of a shootout, and is excited for the return of Stoa
- George mentioned talent, got flustered when the Rug asked him something, and that goaltending is key
- Alaska boy said they need to score more goals, the budget is fine even with rising costs and don't care that they are ranked last. He sounded cranky as usual.
As for Hakstol, he avoided talking about the goalie situation until someone directly asked him what is going on. He talked about developing the freshman class and the sophomores are going to be key. Trupp is looking good. He's looking for big seasons from Kozek and VandeVelde.