April 1, 2009

One Junior sticking around for sure...

According to the Sioux blog, Chay Genoway is going to hang around for his senior season. He said that he basically loves where he's at, describing it as a special place and wishes he could play 10 years there. I think that's great, personally. Also, Chris Vandevelde is 50-50 to return. I wish it was stronger, but he certainly has the potential to have a great career in the NHL. I wouldn't fault him for leaving, but hope we see him for one more season.

In other WCHA news, the only team to apply for admission to the WCHA was Bemidji State. This means that if the vote is approved, we will be seeing an 11 team league. I was a little surprised that Alabama-Huntsville didn't even apply or that Nebraska-Omaha or Northern Michigan didn't apply. Regardless, I hope that Bemidji gets admission into the WCHA. With them playing in the Frozen Four this year, they will certainly be a force in recruiting.

No comments: