April 6, 2011

Waiting for Tomorrow

I'm awake in my old bedroom in my parents house, just contemplating what tomorrow will bring. I've read all the articles that various people have linked around, read newspapers about the Frozen Four, discussed it with local friends, and have just thought.

One thing I'm taking away from all this is the Michigan team/players/fans seem to be sandbagging to the nth degree. All I hear about lately is how Michigan will have to play "perfect" to beat North Dakota and that North Dakota is so good, so talented. Red Berenson himself said that Michigan is an "overwhelming underdog" in this game.

I'm sick of hearing Michigan sandbag. I'm sure that we'll all have to hear that little kid's Herb Brooks speech like 600 times in between now and the game, about how he's so sick of hearing how good North Dakota is. It's almost like Michigan is trying to bait North Dakota into believing it's the better team to lure them into a false sense of security.

The other side of the coin is the Sioux. The Sioux players, the coaches, the fans, no one is giving Michigan too much credit; yet everyone is giving them respect. I think that's how it should be. Believe you can win without conceding the game already to your opponent!

1 comment:

Shaun McAfee said...

I like your blog, and it pisses me off sometimes (prolly why i come back) but that has to be one of the best things you have every said. There really is some underlying tone of coaxing going on my Michigan's coach.. The players are prett ylax, but all those comments and atricles are seriously... confidence gainers yes, but i have never heard a coach talk like that. He HAS to be telling his players another story. tactics