December 11, 2010

Big Win!

You can say this team is mature. You can say they are experienced. Say what you want, whatever it is. This Sioux team is under its best start with Hakstol driving it and showed something in last night's win, coming back and scoring 3 quick goals to beat the purple Mavericks 4-3 on the road.

Granted, last night was far from the Sioux's best performance. They were lackluster for most of the game and the Mavs had 20 shots on goal in the 2nd period alone. However, the Sioux, down 2-1 going into the 3rd, took advantage of the Mavs mistakes and took the lead 4-2, eventually holding on for a 4-3 win.

Schloss had the fact that UND is 15-1-1 against the Mavericks in their last 17 games. This stat surprised me; I had always though of the Mavericks as a team that gave the Sioux problems. Of course, I remember in the 2001-2002 season the Mavs beating the Sioux 6-0 at the Engelstad, so maybe that memory has clouded my judgment...but regardless, the Sioux certainly seem to have their number as of late.

Kristo continues to not find the back of the net. I'm hoping he can shake the 1st half blues off in the new year and start lighting the lamp. I know he has the ability to; I just think he's ridiculously snakebitten right now. I like Kristo a lot and think he's an amazing talent. I think it will just come down to having a 2 goal game or something like that. Once that's done, he will regain the star form we all know he has.

I won't be able to catch most of the game since I'm working, but I might grab the 3rd period. Head over to the Schloss's blog to check out the goals scored last night. Frattin and Chay are highlight reel worthy.

No comments: