November 21, 2008

Big series this weekend

The Sioux hockey team travels to Duluth this weekend for a matchup with the Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs are basically meeting expectations this year that they are not playing very good hockey. The are coming off of a loss and a tie to the Badgers last weekend, whereas the Sioux are coming off a split this last weekend at home against UAA.

Finley is still out of the lineup for the Sioux, and his return is indefinite. This is not good news. Genoway and Jones appear to be fine, however. No injuries on offense, as far as I can tell.

I would like to believe the Sioux can sweep the Bulldogs...but until they show me they are capable of playing a full weekend, I'm calling a split on this one.

7 comments:

BrettB in STL said...

Brandon, no faith in the 8-1-1 record at the Decc?? I say the Sioux sweep, as they get great bounces at the Decc. Toews gets noticed on the stat sheet.

Brandon said...

Brett, until the Sioux can prove to me they can put together a complete weekend I can't call a sweep. They have done very well at the DECC as of late, UMD is pretty much garbage, blah blah blah. Until the Sioux prove it though, I have to call split.

Oh, and Toews lights it up this weekend, as does Hextall.

Eric J. Burton said...

I want to say sweep too but I don't want to jinx anyone. I think UND will be fine. I posted some video from UMD last weekend series on my blog and Stalock was lit up by the BADgers.

Brandon said...

I really wish I could say sweep, I really could, but like I said, until they prove to me otherwise, I don't see it happening this weekend.

Eric J. Burton said...

No, No, No, that fine... We don't need to make anything in the way of predictions. My buddy Sioux7 jinxed the Sioux and now the BAdgers have gone a roll.

That is why I stop making predictions.

Brandon said...

I think you should rickroll him as punishment

Fetch said...

Stalock has been terrible lately for some reason, and it looks like their offense is back from last year, aka they can't score anymore. This has to be a sweep.