November 1, 2008

A great hockey game...

...that ended melodramatically.

I was at the DU/CC game last night. One of the greatest games I have ever seen in the WCHA, falling in with the UMD/UND game in February 2004 and the UMN/MSU playoff game last year. Both teams were fast, both goalies played well, and the student section of DU was awesome, quite frankly.

My observations include the following:

- DU missed about 43723910374632 open net opportunities. Seriously.
- CC will make you pay for mistakes
- They are also weak offensively
- Neither team is exactly a physical team; both rely on skill and speed
- Cheverie is shaky and can be beat
- Bachman can be beat as well

It was a great game and I'm glad I got to see it. Too bad it had to end with a mediocre overtime.


1 comment:

Eric J. Burton said...

My thoughts on the DU goalie as well.