October 5, 2009

Sioux top Manitoba 7-1, looking ahead to Merrimack

Although I wasn't able to watch the game, I've caught up on everything that happened last night. The Sioux ousted the University of Manitoba 7-1 at the Engelstad. It's not necessarily the score that I'm impressed with, it's who contributed. From what everyone says, Danny Kristo played fantastic. He scored a goal and added an assist for a two point night.

The other observation, and this is what is most important to me, is that Ben Blood has stepped up his game BIG TIME. It sounds like he is a completely different player. This is really important if the Sioux hope to have success this year. Last year the defense struggled at the end of the season. I'm looking for a turnaround this year.

Up this weekend is Merrimack. I'll hopefully get a Merrimack preview to post here in the next couple days.

For more on the Sioux win, click here.

No comments: