March 13, 2010

Going to a 3rd game

I told you all not to get excited. I told you that the Gophers were going to win this series. But no. You all yelled at me, called me a non-Sioux fan. Told me I need to be more excited. Well here's why I wasn't, Sioux fans. Because it's not over until it's over. You all overlooked the Gophers. Every one of you. You all let your hatred of that program cloud your judgment and assumed the Sioux would stomp them both nights. Stomp them the first night they did. But look who came roaring back tonight. Look who said HEY! We're not done yet!

We're going to a 3rd game tomorrow. And as far as I'm concerned, the season is on the line for both teams. UND loses, they are done. Minnesota loses, they are done. I don't care that UND is currently 5th in the pairwise. They will plummet to 8th or 9th after tonight. And if they lose tomorrow, well, probably 14th. And since two CHA teams are going to be in the big dance, you are not safe unless you are in the top 13.

Don't read my blog if you don't want to hear the truth. But reality is, the Sioux have their backs against the wall. The Gophers...not so much now.

9 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

Brandon come off the ledge. We are in the NCAA tourney.

TB said...

Dear sir: Please check and double-check your understanding of PWR. Losing to the Gophers does not equate to unflipping three comparisons in the system. UND is still 5th.

Anonymous said...

If you think UND's back is against the wall and Minnesota's is not, then you don't understand the Pairwise. Minnesota is 23rd. If they lose Sunday, they are not going to rise to 14th.

Unknown said...

I don't like to agree with soo fans that often but I think you are right. The CHA really screwed things up with their auto bid. The WCHA may lose a team because of it. The gophers have a small chance to make the show unless they win out through next weekend. The sue could be an innocent bystander when heads have to be cut if they lose to the Gophers.

Brandon said...

I understand the Pairwise fine. UND loses again and their stock will fall. And Minnesota's back is not against the wall in the sense that they really don't have to worry. They had no expectations coming into this series. UND did. Pressure is on UND tonight.

Anonymous said...

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent remarks were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it...

This classic Billy Madison quote pretty much sums up what I was thinking when I read your initial post!!

Shaun McAfee said...

I agree. this blog should be shut down for its disgrace to sioux fans. who the heck wants to read a blog called Sioux Yeah Yeah in which the blogger thinks its okay to talk trash to his own readers (sioux fans). Get your head checked. Even if the Sioux were to loose tonight, you should be pumping your readers up, not talking your own town and team down.

go sioux said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaun McAfee said...

Ive been thinking about this blog... I think the author wants the Sioux to win, but thinks its more important to be right. He's afraid that if he spouts joy for the sioux winning it will bite him. digging a seperate whole though, by essentially rooting for the Gophs