The Sioux were in their first play in game in the Final Five since 2002-2003 when they lost 2-1 to the Bulldogs. Last night, they played Minnesota-Duluth again. However, the outcome was different. The Sioux took care of business and won 2-0. There's a couple interesting facts about this.
- Duluth had the best powerplay in the WCHA, but went 0-5 last night and gave up a short handed goal
- Duluth had the league's longest streak of having not been shut out, going back to 2008 and 83 games
- Evan Trupp scored his first goal in 21 games
- Eids earned his 3rd shutout of the season, and 2nd in 4 games. He is currently 10-1 in his last 11, 1.36 GAA and a .945 save percentage
- There were two disallowed goals. One for each team. The Duluth goal that was disallowed took a long time to sort out and is still in question. The Sioux goal that was disallowed was waved off quickly and took about 10 seconds to determine was not legit