January 25, 2009

3/4 on the weekend. Not bad

After pounding Denver on Friday night, the Sioux could only muster two goals on Saturady night, but it was enough to earn a tie with the Pioneers, vaulting the Sioux into sole possession of 2nd place in the WCHA.

This night was not without something interesting though. I swear, every time I watch a Sioux game, I see something in hockey that I have never seen before. Maybe it's that way in every hockey game I ever watch, but for some reason the Sioux games bring me something new every time.

Coach George Gwozdecky, furious with a non-call, decided to yell at the refs. Ok, that's nothing new. Then he proceeded to stand on the dasher and continue yelling. Still nothing new. But then he jumps OVER THE BOARDS and onto the ice! I'm hearing a few different things, but the general consensus is that he was agitated over a non-call and got tossed for arguing it. He claims he just wanted to take the long way to the locker room. That is more believiable than anything, I guess. But seriously, Siouxyeahyeah readers, what do you think about this reaction by the coach? My personal opinion is it's a reflection of him and his team. Which can be perceived as rogue and out of control.

Somewhat not surprisingly, the Sioux were called for every penalty after George's tirade. Hakstol publically mentioned this, which I think he should have. But he also said George doesn't deserve to be suspended. I disagree with this. George gets old. I'm bored with him and his whining. Teach him a lesson, WCHA!

Looking at a St. Cloud team next weekend that just took 3/4 points from the Tigers this weekend. Should be a good game.

7 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

Brandon I don't know if you saw this or not? http://goofsworld.wordpress.com/

Brandon said...

I don't know who this tool is, but I'm honored that he uses you and I for his propaganda

Eric J. Burton said...

I am thinking it is kind of psychotic. Its that fetch from the college hockey blog with one of his butt buddies. I guess they have nothing better to do than sit in their mother basement an cut people down.

Brandon said...

it's kind of funny that these guys hate us so much; yet are willing to find time to read our blogs. Can you say OBSESSED????

Eric J. Burton said...

Our blogs are so bad yet they read them. LOL

BrettB in STL said...

lol, I wonder if we stole their prom dates? or maybe we took away their birthday? lol

Eric J. Burton said...

I guess I am a little too old for Prom. :)